Learning Spanish for kids …
has never been easier with Mi Primer Libro Bilingüe: La Comida, My First Bilingual Book: Food!
While there are many beginning Spanish books for children out in the market today, most all focus on basic vocabulary only, such as colors, numbers, or days of the week – and that’s it! Mi Primer Libro Bilingüe: La Comida, My First Bilingual Book: Food, on the other hand, is especially designed to teach not only vocabulary, but short sentences and commands so children not only learn Spanish, but they learn how to speak Spanish too. Since all of us shop, cook, and eat, as a parent or educator, you will find many opportunities to reinforce the lessons learned from Mi Primer Libro Bilingüe: La Comida, My First Bilingual Book: Food.
The book is divided into a series of full color Spanish language lessons that build on material from the prior lessons:
- The first section of Mi Primer Libro Bilingüe: La Comida, My First Bilingual Book: Food – La Comida – contains over 60 instantly recognizable food pictures along with their Spanish and English equivalents. Learning Spanish for kids is simple when you’re able to reinforce vocabulary as you go shop, cook, or eat together. Children will also learn how to speak Spanish much more quickly when you perform these activities together. Mar’s blog tab on this website also provides other helpful teaching ideas using the material from the book.
- The second part – ¡Vamos a Cocinar! – builds on the vocabulary learned by taking those same pictures and words and creating 16 recipes with each final dish displayed. Parents and educators can create fun kids learning games by hiding the ingredients list and showing students the final dish and then asking them to say what ingredients are contained in the dish.
- As an added bonus, the third part of the book gives you recipes in English and Spanish for all the dishes contained in the book along with metric and US Customary Unit equivalents.
- This book also provides commonly used verbs and their conjugations to help you to learn how to speak Spanish using the vocabulary in the book to construct simple phrases and sentences.
- This book puts the fun back into learning Spanish for kids and adults alike by also providing the reader with three kids learning games that help you reinforce and master the vocabulary and content learned in the book. The Name the Pictures kids learning game is our favorite!
Learning to speak Spanish has never been easier when you follow along with the author as she reads the book to you in our specially made CD or audio file to accompany the book! (purchased separately). Google+